Microsoft Surface Book 3 SKW-00013 Core i7, RAM 16GB, 256GB SSD, Windows 10 Home, Silver SKW-00013
Microsoft Surface Book 3 SKW-00013 Core i7, RAM 16GB, 256GB SSD, Windows 10 Home, Silver SKW-00013
Microsoft Surface Book 3 SKW-00013 Core i7, RAM 16GB, 256GB SSD, Windows 10 Home, Silver SKW-00013
|HDD Capacity||256 GB|
|Internal Storage||256 GB|
|Operating System||Windows 10|
Surface Book 3 for Business
Performance meets versatility in our most powerful Surface laptop yet. Speed, graphics, and long battery life pair with the flexibility of a robust laptop, processor-powered tablet, and portable studio.
- Up to i7 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Processor
- Up to 2TB SSD and 32GB RAM1
- Choose from NVIDIA® Quadro RTX™ 3000 or GeForce® GTX graphics
- Two sizes: 13.5"/15" detachable PixelSense™ Display
More from the Book you know
Tackle tough tasks anywhere you want to work. Surface Book 3 has more speed than before and faster memory with up to 2TB of blazing-fast storage.
- Quad-core 10th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 Processor
- NVIDIA Quadro and GeForce GTX GPUs
- Up to 32GB RAM and 2TB storage
- Rich audio with Dolby Atmos® sound
- Enhanced dual far-field Studio Mics
- Resume work fast and securely with Instant On
Built for performance
Our most powerful Surface laptop yet is a high-performance business laptop that helps you tackle complex tasks. Faster than ever, Surface Book 3 is optimized for productivity.
- Faster than before: Quad-core powered 10th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 processors help make Surface Book 3 a powerful detachable laptop.
- Performance for graphics-intensive tasks: Speed through software like Autodesk® AutoCAD®, Dassault SOLIDWORKS™, and Adobe® Creative Cloud®,* and code fast in Microsoft Visual Studio.*
- Power your productivity all day: Get up to 17.5 hours2 battery life and get back to work with improved standby that extends battery life for days.
- Get back to work quickly and securely: Instant On brings your screen up fast, and Windows Hello logs you in with a glance. Open the lid and return to your task in an instant.
Versatility for the ways you work and create
Unleash your creativity however inspiration strikes. Whether sketching ideas and handwriting notes, sharing your view with others, or writing code, this detachable laptop adapts to the endless ways you create and collaborate.
Create, communicate, and code on the most powerful Surface laptop
Type on the comfortable keyboard, gesture on the responsive trackpad, and engage in seamless virtual meetings in Microsoft Teams.*
Show your work on a large, processor-powered tablet
Surface Book 3 15" is one of the biggest tablets with the full power of a PC. Look great in video calls with 1080p HD video, and share your view with the 1080p HD rear-facing camera.
Sketch and share with a powerful portable studio
Write, draw, and annotate at a comfortable angle. Your creations come to life on the brilliant PixelSense™ Display.
Get your job done
Leave your desk behind and keep the best graphics performance of any Surface laptop by your side. Create content, compile code, deploy data models, or realize 3D visualizations wherever you work best.
Find inspiration anywhere, capturing content and editing wherever you work. Come back to your desk to continue your flow on your Surface Book 3 digital canvas, creating in apps like Adobe® Creative Cloud®. Power your creative momentum with NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1660 Ti graphics. Watch your designs come to life on dual 4K monitors* at 60Hz when you connect with Surface Dock 2.*
Architects and engineers
Bring your vision to life with Surface Book 3, certified for software like Autodesk® Revit® and Dassault SOLIDWORKS™. With NVIDIA® Quadro RTX™ 3000 graphics, visualize and showcase 3D models on a 15" tablet your clients can explore and pinch to zoom. See it from every perspective on dual 4K monitors* at 60Hz when you connect with Surface Dock 2.*
Free yourself from your desk and compile, run, and debug cycles anywhere in software like Microsoft Visual Studio. Performance stays with you, powered by your choice of discrete graphics and the latest processors. Type with precision on the full-size keyboard, see it all with a 15" display, and work until lights out with up to 17.5 hours battery life.2
Harness your data with a powerful, portable 15" device. Analyze data faster and develop machine learning-powered models on-device with the latest quad-core 10th Gen Intel® processors and up to NVIDIA® Quadro RTX™ 3000 graphics. Set up your analysis wherever you want to work with up to 17.5 hours battery life2 and Bluetooth 5.0 to pair your favorite accessories.
A commitment to innovation, from one generation to the next
A cutting-edge balance of performance, versatility, and mobility sets Surface Book 3 apart from the rest. Contact a Microsoft authorized reseller for pricing. Resellers will also help you deploy and manage Surface for your business.
1. Dynamic Fulcrum Hinge: Detach, flip, and lower the screen to work on a graphics-intensive portable studio.
2. Dual far-field Studio Mics: Be heard loud and clear in virtual meetings or using voice dictation in Office apps* with enhanced dual far-field Studio Mics.
3. All the connections you need: Stay connected with USB-C® and USB-A ports, and a full-size SD card. Add Surface Dock 2* for a single connector to charge devices, transfer files, and display video on external monitors.
4. Full-size keyboard: Type and gesture comfortably and confidently with a full keyboard experience and the precise glass trackpad.
Surface for Business unlocks more value
Surface customers save time and money with streamlined deployment, modern device management, and built-in, cloud-powered security. Empower people, data, and systems with connected experiences from Surface and Microsoft 365.
Make the most of your investment in Microsoft 365*
Get the essential foundation and familiarity of Windows 10 Pro, the protection of Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security, and Office 365.*
More control with cloud-first device deployment and management
Deploy and manage down to the firmware layer through the cloud with Microsoft Endpoint Manager* and DFCI. Every Surface ships with Windows Autopilot, reducing IT complexity by deploying straight to your employees.
Protection from Microsoft from chip to cloud
Every layer is maintained by Microsoft, from the hardened firmware that is adopted from a Microsoft open-source UEFI,5 to the operating system, through to cloud management.
* Sold separately.
1. System software and updates use significant storage space. Available storage is subject to change based on system software and updates and apps usage. 1 GB = 1 billion bytes. 1 TB = 1,000 GB. See Surface Storage for more details.
2. Surface Book 3 for Business 13.5" connected to keyboard base: Up to 15.5 hours of battery life based on typical Surface device usage. Testing conducted by Microsoft in April 2020 using preproduction software and preproduction configurations of Surface Book 3 13.5" Intel® Core™ i5, 256GB, 8 GB RAM. Testing consisted of full battery discharge with a mixture of active use and modern standby. The active use portion consists of (1) a web browsing test accessing 8 popular websites over multiple open tabs, (2) a productivity test utilizing Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook, and (3) a portion of time with the device in use with idle applications. All settings were default except screen brightness was set to 150nits with Auto-Brightness disabled. Wi-Fi was connected to a network. Battery life varies significantly with settings, usage and other factors.
Surface Book 3 for Business 15" connected to keyboard base: Up to 17.5 hours of battery life based on typical Surface device usage. Testing conducted by Microsoft in April 2020 using preproduction software and preproduction configurations of Surface Book 3 15" Intel® Core™ i7, 256GB, 16 GB RAM. Testing consisted of full battery discharge with a mixture of active use and modern standby. The active use portion consists of (1) a web browsing test accessing 8 popular websites over multiple open tabs, (2) a productivity test utilizing Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook, and (3) a portion of time with the device in use with idle applications. All settings were default except screen brightness was set to 150nits with Auto-Brightness disabled. Wi-Fi was connected to a network. Battery life varies significantly with settings, usage and other factors.
3. Xbox Wireless controller support available in select global markets.
4. Microsoft's Limited Warranty is in addition to your consumer law rights.
5. Surface Go and Surface Go 2 use a third-party UEFI and do not support DFCI. DFCI is currently available for Surface Book 3, Surface Laptop 3, Surface Pro 7, and Surface Pro X. Find out more about managing Surface UEFI settings.
6. Advanced Exchange Service is available at no additional charge with the following Surface for Business products: Surface Book 3, Surface Go 2, Surface Pro 7, Surface Pro X, Surface Laptop 3, Surface Pro 6, and Surface Laptop 2. Advanced Exchange is only available in supported markets. Restrictions apply. See Surface for Business warranty page for AES terms and conditions and list of supported markets.
i7: 12.3" x 9.14" x 0.59"-0.90" (312 mm x 232 mm x 15 mm-23 mm)
Screen: 13.5" PixelSense™ Display
Resolution: 3000 x 2000 (267 PPI)
Aspect ratio: 3:2
Contrast ratio: 1600:1
10 point multi-touch G5
8GB 3733Mhz LPDDR4x
Quad-core 10th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-1065G7 Processor
TPM 2.0 chip for enterprise security
Enterprise-grade protection with Windows Hello face sign-in
Windows 10 Pro
Microsoft Office 365 30-day trial
Ambient light sensor
What's in the box
Surface Book 3 13.5"
i5: 65W Surface Power Supply w/USB-A (5W) charging port
i7: 102W Surface Power Supply w/USB-A (7W) charging port
Quick Start Guide
Safety and warranty documents
i7: 3.62 lb (1,642 g) including keyboard
Solid-state drive (SSD) options: 256GB PCIe SSD
Surface Book 3 13.5" connected to keyboard base: Up to 15.5 hours of typical device usage
Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics (on Intel® i5-1035G7 models)
2 x USB-A (version 3.1 Gen 2)
1 x USB-C® (version 3.1 Gen 2 with USB Power Delivery revision 3.0)
3.5mm headphone jack
2 x Surface Connect ports (one on keyboard base, one on tablet)
Full-size SDXC card reader
Compatible with Surface Dial* on- and off-screen interaction
Cameras, video and audio
Windows Hello face authentication camera (front-facing)
5.0MP front-facing camera with 1080p HD video
8.0MP rear-facing auto-focus camera with 1080p HD video
Dual far-field Studio Mics
Front-facing stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos®
Wi-Fi 6: 802.11ax compatible
Bluetooth Wireless 5.0 technology
Physical buttons: Volume, Power
Compact enough to carry with you, yet versatile enough to run demanding applications, a laptop is the best tool for doing serious work or play at home and on the road. In this guide we cover the most important things to consider before buying a new laptop, along with all the information you need to make sure your new laptop does exactly what you want it to do.
Factors to consider before making a purchase
Windows is the most popular among many users. With Microsoft launching Windows 10 it has a familiar look and feel, with innovations in security, personalization and productivity. It’s powerful yet easy to use, with all your files and important documents within easy access. If you’re looking for a new PC for university, gaming or creative computing, Windows is a great place to start. This OS works mostly with all your devices whether you’re using a smartphone, tablet, 2 in 1 or PC, Windows works the same way. Navigation and finding files is simple, regardless of what device you’re using.
2) OS X
OS X is the operating system that powers every Mac. Built on a rock-solid UNIX foundation, it’s engineered to take full advantage of what the hardware is capable of. It’s designed to be as easy to use as it is beautiful to look at. It comes with an amazing collection of apps you’ll use and love every day. And it enables your Mac and iOS devices to work wonderfully together. OS X is built to bring out the best in your Mac, so you get a fully integrated system in which everything works together seamlessly. It works with the processor in your Mac to deliver the best possible performance. It works with the super-responsive trackpad in Mac notebooks so Multi‑Touch gestures feel natural to use. OS X works with your Mac hardware to keep the entire system up to date while it sleeps. The OS X includes new touch bar panel and is designed for the gorgeous Mac displays, high‑resolution Retina displays, so fonts look crisp and graphics are vivid.
Before you look at specs or pricing, you need to figure out just how portable you need your laptop to be. Laptops are usually categorized by their display sizes:
1) 10 to 12 inches: The thinnest and lightest systems around have 11- to 12-inch screens and typically weigh 2.5 to 3.5 pounds
2) 13 to 14 inches: Provides the best balance of portability and usability, particularly if you get a laptop that weighs under 4 pounds.
3) 15 inches: The most popular size, 15-inch laptops usually weigh 4.5 to 6.5 pounds. Consider this size if you want a larger screen and you're not planning to carry your notebook around often.
4) 17 to 18 inches: If your laptop stays on your desk all day every day, a 17- or 18-inch system could provide you with the kind of processing power you need to play high-end games or do workstation-level productivity.
The Processor is the brain of the computer. It has a huge influence on performance, but depending on what you want to do. The below guidelines will help you select the product based on your preferences.
1) The New Intel Core i7: High-end performance for gaming rigs and workstations. Models with numbers that end in HQ or K use higher wattage and have four cores, allowing for even faster gaming and productivity.
2) The New Intel Core i5: If you're looking for a mainstream laptop with the best combination of price and performance, get one with an Intel Core i5 CPU
3) Intel Core i3: Performance is just a step below Core i5 and so is the price; but yet still powerful.
4) AMD A, FX or E Series: Provide decent performance for the money that's good enough for web surfing, media viewing and productivity.
5) Intel Core m / Core i5 / i7 "Y Series”: Intel Core M processor is designed for ultra slim devices, providing plenty of power for day-to-day surfing & e-mailing without being a major drain on battery life.
RAM stands for random access memory. Ram is important because it helps your processor tackle multiple tasking. Minimum of 2GB is required for basic computing & 6GB or more is recommended if you're into graphics & advanced photo or video editing. Generally a RAM of 4GB to 8GB is pre-installed & few of laptops have up to 32GB. Ram can be easily upgradable if it’s necessary.
Traditional hard disk drives offer good storage capacities, but add to a laptop's weight and thickness. Alternatively, solid state drives (also known as SSDs) are much lighter, faster, cooler and quieter than hard drives. Some laptops feature a hybrid drive, which combines a hard drive with a solid state drive for the benefits of both.
Hard disk drive (HDD)
Traditional hard disk drives are the most common type of storage because they're relatively inexpensive and offer huge capacities. However, they also add significantly to a laptop's weight and thickness. They come in two standard speeds: A 5400rpm drive is sufficient for day-to-day Web surfing, e-mailing and document creation, but a 7200rpm drive transfer’s data more quickly and may be worth considering if you regularly work with large files.
Solid-state drive (SSD)
Solid-state drives, also known as SSDs (or, in Apple's case, "flash storage"), are many times faster than hard disk drives, but they generally are available in higher capacity. SSD also offer tremendous advantages in physical size, weight and power efficiency, along with negligible heat production and noiseless operation, making them an ideal choice for ultra slim, ultra-lightweight laptops. SSD have no moving parts to wear out.
Graphic card/VGA (Video Graphics Array)
Most gaming PCs will have a dedicated graphics card. Graphic card provides additional resources & processing power that your system will dedicate exclusively to visual quality. This has an obvious impact on the quality of video games, delivering smoother frame rates with far less graphical lag. A powerful graphics card will also provide a boost for anything involving visuals, such as graphic designing & video editing.
1) HD (13366x768) resolution is standard on mainstream laptops. Good for Web-surfing, e-mail & basic computing tasks.
2) HD+ (1600x900) resolution is great for casual gaming & watching DVD movies.
3) Full HD (1920x1080) resolution allows you to watch Blu-ray movies & play video games without losing any level of detail.
4) QHD (Quad HD) & QHD+ With (2560x1440) & (3200x1800) resolutions, respectively, the extremely high pixel density creates crisp detail & sharp text, ideal for professional photo & graphics work as well as high-definition movies & games.
5) 4K Ultra HD (3840x2160) resolution boasts four times the pixels of Full HD, creating rich colors & images for viewing & editing incredibly lifelike images & graphics.
Different display technologies yield different colors & brightness levels. Most of the laptops employ LED backlighting, which can display bright colors without draining the battery. If you plan to use your laptop to watch movies & shows with a friend, choose a display with an IPS (In-Plane Switching) panel for wider viewing angles.
Touch-screen laptops make navigating on your computer more intuitive. Tap to select, hold & drag to move items, swipe to scroll & pinch to zoom, just as you would on a smartphone or tablet. Its currently available on most of the laptops that runs on windows and more user friendly on the new windows 10.
Types of Notebooks & Desktops
2 in 1 Notebooks
2-in-1 is both a laptop & a tablet combined in one lightweight & portable device. When a person wants to buy laptop & tablet but they don’t want to buy 2 devices then they can choose 2in1. It can be used as laptop & tablet as well as. 2in1 has different types of names such as “convertible, hybrid laptops, x360” 2in1’s have a virtual keyboard as well as normal keyboard for windows laptops.Whether you're at work or at home, your computing needs might change in a flash. You could use your device in laptop mode to type documents, develop spreadsheets or edit photos & videos. The powerful processor delivers everything you'd expect from a work PC. Then, when you want to take a break, flip the screen to watch a movie or play a game all in one simple motion.
Finding the best gaming laptop for your needs is a matter of balancing power with portability. If you care more about maximizing the graphical quality of the games you play, consider sacrificing some measure of portability to get the most powerful laptop. Conversely, if portability is the most important feature for you, you'll want to consider choosing a less powerful laptop that is smaller & lighter, & has a longer battery life. Additionally, the intense processing power required to run games will cause the battery to drain faster than it would if you were surfing the Internet, checking in on your favorite social networks, or uploading photos. Currently, several computer manufacturers are working to slim down gaming PCs.
Desktops & All-in-one
A desktop computer is a personal computer in a form intended for regular use at a single location desk/table due to its size and power requirements, as opposed to a laptop whose rechargeable battery and compact dimensions allow it to be regularly carried and used in different locations. Light use: Surfing the Web, paying bills online, e-mail and social networking, organizing and sharing digital photos Average use: Storing and streaming music and movies, tasks like spreadsheet and document creation. Demanding use: Serious gaming, sophisticated graphics and photo editing, video production, high-resolution multi track audio recording
There are two kinds of all-in-one pcs, portable all-in-one & normal all-in-one.
1) All-in-one: A streamlined computer with all the circuitry built into a large monitor. All in one PC includes an integrated webcam & Wi-Fi connectivity. All in one come with a wired or wireless keyboard & mouse. All in one’s are also equipped with a touch screen or non-touch screen display.
2) Portable All-in-one: This is essentially a touch-screen windows all in one pc’s that's intended to function secondarily as a very large tablet. Lay it flat on a floor or table for great multiplayer gaming with apps that use touch.